Wednesday 16 April 2014

Science project

Task
Write a recount of your Science Fair project last year under the headings. Be brief and summarise. One or two sentences on each:
Aim: My aim was to discover if temperature affects a tennis balls bounce?

Hypothesis:I predict  a colder temperature will cause the ball to bounce lower than in higher. 


temperatures  because of the elasticity of the rubber.



Introduction:Have you ever wondered if temperature affects a tennis ball’s bounce? Well, I’m going 
to find out if it does. I chose this topic because I usually play with tennis balls at lunch time and for some reason the ball bounces very low/high, so I’m wondering if the temperature causes that problem?


Equipment & Method

  • 3x tennis balls
  • 1x Heater
  • Freezer
  • Tape
  • ruler
Step 1:  Use the Heater to cook the tennis ball.  
Step 2: Put the other tennis ball in the freezer.

Step 3: Put the tape on a perfect spot to bounce the balls.
Step 4: The hot and cold first then the normal tennis ball last.
Step 5: When I bounce it. put the tape where it was and use the pencil and see how the height was and get the ruler and see how tall the bounce was.
Step 6: Then I do another bounce with hot, cold and normal. I will then repeat that three times.
Step 7: Then I’ll collect the data.



Results: They were almost the same size but normal temperature had the highest one was 3:20cm and the cold one has the lowest bounce was 1:14.6cm.

Conclusion:My hypothesis was correct. The higher temperature  ball bounced the highest and the cold balls bounced the lowest. The
change in temperature affected the height of the ball's bounce by altering the temperature of the air in the ball and also the elasticity of the rubber.

Now answer these questions
What did you do well last year? I just did well from trying my best.
What did you find difficult last year? I had trouble finding a topic for science fair.


Look through the Science Fair Tab on our class site. Look at the list of possible science fair topics.
Find 2 possible topics which interest you and write them down. Do hand motions affect your memory? and
Auditory and visual memories of males and females.



No comments:

Post a Comment